Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fifth Letter from the MTC

Hola! Como le va!? I hope you are all doing SOO great! This week was FOOPIN AWESOME! I love the mish. This much (----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)!!!!:) Sorry, what am I doing! That's wasting time! I have to tell you all the great things that happened this week! Okay so first of all, Saturday was beautiful. The weather was so nice! During gym time Hermana Edwards and I went outside and ran around the MTC. It was great. Then me and Hermana Cram had a really sweet lesson with Angel (one of our new investigators. He's 62. Not really into religion. His first wife passed away. Married to Rosa, who works at a hospital. Santa their 14 year old daughter, is super smart and suffers from back pain. Boy did I relate when he told us that! Since "Angel" is- remember-just one of my teachers that is all background info he gave about the real Angel when he taught him on his mission...I hope that is claro) Okay so lets speed it up a bit...my time is running short. Angel is getting BAPTIZED!!!! On the 29th!:) And so is David, our other investigator!:) David is definitely one of my favorite investigators...out of the three we have had...ha But I do love them all! Teaching is so awesome. Yesterday was a huge highlight of this week, and Wednesday rocked too. And then Sunday and Tuesday we had the GREATEST fireside and devotional. I really appreciated them this week.:) It was one of those things where they could have just put my name in the text because I felt like it was just for me. It was really great.
Sunday we had Sister Cook from the General Young Women's Presidency speak to us during Relief Society. She gave a talk in the 2007 General Conference (not sure which one), but she told us to look it up because she spoke about her brother. So....check it out! She was an awesome speaker.:) Her life story is interesting too, so...check that out as well! Tuesday we had a member of the Seventy come and his name unfortunately escapes me....but if I remember I'll write you. He was awesome too! They've been talking a lot about being the best example and companion you can be. They read a letter from a greenie to his trainer 33 YEARS after the mission! He just went through all of these things he remembered from the mission and how much he had helped him by setting such a great example. It was a really good reminder and motivation to be the best we can.
Wednesday was for sure the BEST! I was feeling a little low..won't lie about it...we just had SEVEN ELDERS from our zone leave to Guatemala and Antofagasta, Chile. Two were straight up out of our district! It was so sad. We only have the four Hermanas and three Elders now. We miss them a lot. And then we didn't get much studying done, so it was just an odd day. I fasted Wednesday after some things said in the devotional Tuesday night, and boy, can I testify of the power of a fast! And fervent praying!:) The Lord is so loving and awesome, and really does know each of us personally. The entire day was great! I could just mark Wednesday as a tender mercy of the Lord! One of the BEST parts of Wednesday was right after class, before lunch, all of the new missionaries were being dropped off. Wednesday is seriously one of the best days here because it is so fun seeing everyone! But I went out the curb to see if by some random chance I might be able to Christy Duke coming because was coming into the MTC Wednesday! Well, guess who just happened to be parked and getting wet, loving hugs from her sisters right as I came out of my building???! SISTER DUKEY!! haha I yelled Dukey as loud as I could and ran as fast I could -in a skirt- to go hug her. It was soooo awesome!! Ah I was soo happy I got to see her! It was so nice seeing a familiar face and nice being there for her as she got her. That drop off part is sure weird. haha Well, that was really great. I saw her this morning at kick boxing too. I love having her here! I also got to see my friend Sister Jessica Winward! I did not think I was really going to be able to see both of them! See- tender mercy of the Lord!:) haha It was great.
Well, really quick before I get off- I want to commit each of you to something this week! We were asked to include our families into our studies so this week- will you find one attribute of Christ, study it, and practice living it??YES!? Gracias. Yo se gue bendice :) I love you all ! hermana wilcock

No comments: