Sunday, March 18, 2012

Seventh Letter from the MTC

Hola hola! Today is Friday, the ninth of March....We receive our TRAVEL PLANS next Thursday for our flight to CHILE!!! and then the next week, on Friday, we have what they call In-Filed Orientation all day, and then....yes...we LEAVE FOR CHILE on the 26th!!! WHAT IN THE WORLD!? haha Or as some say here in very bad Espanol...Que en el mundo!? We are getting so excited! But does it feel real yet? Of course not. haha
Another SUPER BIEN thing that is happening next week is we got invited as a district to be HOSTS for the new missionaries coming in!! That means we get to basically have the day off of studying and teaching and host the new missionaries around campus, to their residences, and to pick up all of their books and everything. I can't wait to do it!! I have been waiting for this since before the mish! haha It's going to be so fun! It also means we've been here for foopin' SIETE SEMANAS! (7 weeks) Loco.
Well, well, another week has gone by. No, FLOWN by. haha This week started out a little rough for me, not going to lie. I had to do some things I wasn't really pumped about and then me and my comp had some comp. inventory times that actually did turn out to be great:), but just a little more rough than smooth sailing. The devotionals, as always, were great, and OH, my stars I almost forgot to mention probably the most greatest thing that has happened to me in the MTC besides the invitation to host...:) haha I GOT A CALLING TO BE THE MUSIC DIRECTOR IN OUR DISTRICT!!! Are you kidding!? I am the most luckiest sister in all the land of Provo! haha I have been so happy ever since I got it. My soul delighteth in the song of the heart. :) I get to pick the Hymns for Sacrament Meeting and Priesthood, and then pass out the Hymn books before the Meeting starts. I also get to find out if there is anyone that can do special numbers and plan those. I LOVE IT! I have engulfed myself in it, and I am carrying around my little Hymn books everywhere. :) I am soo grateful for it and once again, blessings from my Patriarchal blessing continue to unfold out here in the MTC. :)
I wanted to share some fun things about the MTC that I don't want to forget because I love them, and then give all of you a little insight to the MTC.
1. Every night, without fail, our floor in the residence smells like pizza or pop corn. When we're really lucky it smells like both. Without fail. For the past 7 weeks.
2. I almost always forget my towel before I go into the bathroom for a shower so either my kind, sweet, awesome companeras bring it to me after they hear me laughing in the shower or more like crying..whatever...OR I have actually air dried twice. No bueno.
3. I never realized until I was out here how much I talked to myself. None of my companeras have met someone who does it has much as I do either...haha I have tried to switch it and at least speak in Spanish..to myself. So yes, when I get home I'll look REALLY crazy.
4. Our classroom is on the top floor of probably the tallest building on campus, so after walking up and down about ten flights of stairs at least 6 times a day, I think it is safe to say we have the nicest legs of all the missionaries here.
5. Last but not least, I have had several small injuries out here in el CCM. I have received several paper cuts on The Knuckle. Yes, the same one with the burn. Then I stuck my hand in my pocket of my robe two weeks ago and my razor didn't have the cap on it so yep. I sliced and diced up my pinky. It's almost fully healed tho. I went to the dentist yesterday for a random black spot that I found out was just a stain. Yay! Because I hate the dentist. haha And then, this is probably the coolest thing I have been doing at the MTC (sorry, we are diverting from injuries)- I have doing thirty push ups a day while I've been here! haha I had a goal to get on the board for Hermanas with the most push ups but an hermana two weeks ago did 95!!!! Seriously. haha Anyways, thirty is cool too, right?:)
Well, I have to get off now and head over to the TEMPLE! :) I love going to the temple so much. There is so much peace there. I have been trying to take a question with me and then sit and read and ponder and pray until I receive an answer. :) It's a nice break from the world. Yes...the MTC world.
WEll, I love all of you back home. I am always praying for you and thinking about you! Stay true to the faith!
Love Hermana Wilcock

No comments: