Sunday, March 18, 2012

Eighth Letter from the MTC

YEEEESSS!! We got our travel plans yesterday! It's real! We are indeed heading to Santiago, Chile in TEN DAYS now!:) I can't believe it still. I don't think any of us can. haha But we are so excited! We report to the travel desk at 6:00am on Monday, the 26th and then our first flight from SLC to LAX leaves at 9:45am. We arrive there at 10:50am (their time) and then have a three over lay over where I will trying to place my first Books of Mormon:) tee hee! I'm going to try to share one in English and one in Spanish. This means, of course, that my awesome companion has to be on-board with this plan/challenge so we will both be starting our missionary service in the LAX airport. haha I will also be.....CALLING HOME!!!!!!!:D What the craziness! So expect a call from me around 11:30am your time on Monday the 26th! Rach-buddy...I need your digits cuz I definitely don't know your cell number. Well, after that we will board at 1:25pm in LAX and head to Santiago, Chile which will take about 14 hours and we will arrive there at 6:40am (their time) the next day. IT IS SO CRAZY!! But I can't wait :)
Well, this week was great but had a very different feeling, too. We had an awesome Devotional, as usual, Tuesday night and we sang Lead, Kindly Light as a choir. It was awesome. In choir on Sundays, we go through the song a few times and then our director usually tells about the meaning and doctrine really, behind the lyrics. It gives the song so much more power and feeling. I love singing so much! We are asked to bear our testimonies every time we sing. Think about that the next time you're in Sacrament or any time about to sing a song and see what testimony you are sharing and how you're sharing it. :)
The devotional was Elder Cardon from the Seventy, and his wife. They talked about different things we can do as missionaries and the one that really meant the most to me was when he talked about loving and serving with your whole heart, mind, might, and strength. He talked about a story where he really had to trust in the Lord and fully do his calling as a missionary where he said he would give up everything for the Lord for those two years (and for him was 2 1/2). I really loved it.
We have been teaching a lot this week and have only been majorly struggling with one investigator, Javier. We are really learning how to focus on the needs of the investigator and listen to the Spirit. We have done some practice teaching sessions and work shops on listening to the Spirit, and listened to a talk by Elder Holland about "The Divine Companionship" of the Holy Ghost. He told us that we need to find out where our investigators are spiritually, go where they are first and then HELP them come to where we are and want them to be. We want everyone to experience the Sacred Grove, Garden of Gethsemane, and other places but we have to go with them to those places and at their pace. We want to have deep rooted converted members of the church. :) It has a been a good learning week. I love testifying about the relationship we can and should have with our FATHER in heaven. It brings the spirit so much and really makes me realize why I am serving a mission and why I love it all so much. :) How is your relationship with your Father? How much does he really know about your deep desires and the questions your SOUL has been asking? Something to ponder and then really seek to find the answer. :)
Well, today is our LAST FRIDAY P-DAY!! Next week is our last week here a el CCM! And then we will have our in-field orientation next Friday instead of P-day and then be packing and have our p-day Saturday instead.:) It's comin down to the end! haha I have loved it here at the MTC so much. I have learned so much and I am so grateful I got to be here for 9 weeks. I have tons a of friends here now and it is so great to think we are going all over the world and sharing the gospel with our brothers and sisters! We are all here working towards the same goals! I love it :)
Well, have a grrrreat week! Les quiero mucho!! :) Este iglesia es verdadera :) Hasta Luego- Hermana Wilcock

No comments: