Sunday, January 29, 2012

First Letter Home From The MTC

HOLA HOLA HOLA!!!!! Buenos dias!! Estoy muy anticipado a estar te escribiendo ahora!!:) Okay that's about as much as I know before I start making stuff up. Well, we made it to Saturday!! AAAHHH!! It is so crazy! I LOVE THE MTC! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! I LOVE MY COMPANIONS! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT HERE!! I feel like I have been here for weeks though. The timing here is so weird! The days really do by like weeks, and I am sure the weeks will feel like days. Well, I don't even know where to start. There has been so much that has gone on already! The first day was crazy...and yep. I will be using that word a lot I feel like. I got welcomed by an awesome sister who acted as my host and walked me around the MTC. I dropped off my bags, got MY BADGE!! Yeahya! I love it!:) And then we went to my classroom which is now basically my second home. We spend probably anywhere from 8-10 hours in the classroom. We have personal study, companionship study, language study, and class - ALL in room 549. After we met each other in our classroom - which was straight Spanish from the beginning and our teacher only spoke in English with us for the first time yesterday and it was for about ten minutes. Haha But we have already seen the miracles that happen out here with the language. My companion is Hermana Cram. She is from Riverton, which is sweeeeet because we are totally going to hang out when we get home!:) haha We have so much in common - love art, basketball, volleyball, and the best part is that she is - 4'11"!! :D I feel so tall! I love it! We have taken some pretty great pictures that I'll hopefully get to send home soon. I haven't figured that part out yet. We do have half a preparation day today so I will go and find out where to print photos. She wears a size 2 shoe!! haha I am the tallest in my district - for the Hermanas. There are only four of us though, so not hard to beat. I love the other hermanas so much too! I could probably talk about them all for the rest of the email and the cute, great elders in our district. We are already so close and love being together. It's true what they say - your district becomes your new family. So we have four hermanas, and five elders. One elder's companion never showed so he became a trio with Elder Galovich and Elder Bowman. Elder Montoya and Elder Storey are heading to the Guatemala MTC in two weeks so they will be leaving us and you wouldn't think after four days that you would be sad about that or love someone so much it would mean anything but it does! I love those two elders already! Just as if they were my little brothers....the ones I never had. haha And the other three are so awesome. The other hermanas are Hermana Anderson and Hermana Edwards. SO AWESOME! Seriously we all hit it off so well the first day and haven't looked back.:) It already feels like we've known each other for the longest time. And a really great thing is that we all live really close around Utah so we can see eachother when were home! We're all pretty happy about that. Oh, in my district only me, hermana Edwards, and Hermana Anderson are going Santiago North! THAT"S IT! We are only the sisters in our ZONE (which is a pretty big deal) and then we are the only missionaries we've met so far going to Santiago North...sooooooo we could be companions again out in the field! Great news eheehh!?:) Mi companero, Hermana Cram, is going to Antafagusta - no idea if that's close on spelling - so she won't be with us. :( triste. But we all leave to Chile on the same day! March 26th! WAHOOOOOO! We have an awesome branch presidency that we see a lot I guess here at the MTC. We get intereviews with them every Sunday. We go to every class with them, and their wives, and then have meetings and see them throughout the week. The schedule here is pretty tight, BUT it keeps your mind and body going that's for sure! Some of the elders really struggled being here for the first day or so, and some of them have girlfriends they left so we're trying to stay happy and busy and have a good time with eachother. We all know how imporatant this work is and how much Heavenly Father needs us out here!
So the craziest thing so far is that last night....our third day here....we taught an investigator. SOLO EN ESPANOL! Haha CRAZY EH!!? Me and Hermana Cram went third into a room where our investigator, Cristian Vega, was and talked and taught him in Spanish. It was such a humbling experience. I was doing ok in class with my spanish, I thought, and me and Hermana Cram are the only ones with a few years of Spanish under our belts, but boy! We didn't know much! haha But we still struggled through a conversation and bearing our testimonies for about 40 minutes. All the other companionships were in with him for about the same time so everyone did really well. The elders were PUMPED when they came out. We said gratitude prayers for the opportunity, and after doing that it really did feel awesome. I realized that the spirit works in the most incredible ways. We pray for the gift of tongues - el Don de Lingua - all the time and to have diligency while we study and work. We set goals all the time to talk more in spanish and we actually learned how to pray and bear our testimonies in Spanish yesterday so we do that every time we pray now. I love prayer! We pray so much and do a lot in companionships and in the district. It really brings us together. :) Well, my time is almost up and I have no idea what any other emails are so I need those! But until I get some here is my first email from the MTC as um misionerio de la iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos dias! I Love you all so so so so so so so so much! I am so grateful to have each of you thinking of me and have you back home. Thank you sooooooo much for the mail too! It's like Christmas every time Elder Bowman - who is our district leader - comes in and hands out the mail:) I have had some every day. So thank you. Seriously. I have a few things I need sent to me too if that's alright! I need some flip lops for the bathroom......haha while I shower and what not and then a robe. I would like the robe to be cheap and "unique" if possible. haha I was wondering if I could get a blanket sent to me too....? We just have orange, scratchy....(jail) blankets...BUT I AM GRATEFUL FOR SOMETHING!! just great to have one. :) k thanks I love you!!! ADIOS!
hermana wilcock!!! :)

1 comment:

Grandpa said...

Well Sister Jmae Hermana,or I guess it's Hermana first, which means the same.
So, how was the first 5 days, going good we hope? Bet your having a ball. Hope you enjoy your 9 weeks. Not much going on here, just swiming in the "pool of life", lucky toget my head above water ever so often for a breath. I really need it.
Drop a line or two when you get the chance. Hope you can get to the temple each week while your there. Let us know when you might need some more slips
Love ya TONZ Gramps of Pima