Sunday, February 5, 2012

Second Letter Home From The MTC

Hola hola hola!! Como estan!? Que tal!? It is so good to be writing you! I can't believe it is Friday already and P-day again. It's true what they say about making it to your first Sunday...if you do that the time afterwards just flies by! We had a really good week this week! We taught twice, had a lot of class, a lot of studying!:) haha AAANNNDDD Tuesday night for our weekly devotional is was the 50th Anniversary for the MTC and both Elder Holland, AND Elder M Russell Nelson came and spoke! It was so awesome. The opportunity to have two apostles here hasn't happened before, so it was really great being here for it. Another muy bien cosa, is that mi hermanas y yo got to be in the choir! Awesome uh!? We sang the prettiest song and actually sounded really great. It was so fun and so spiritually uplifting to sing. I really enjoyed the opportunity and we were incredibly fortunate to get to be in the choir for the devotional...we waited outside the gym for an hour to get seats! haha So many missionaries wanted to sing (mainly because of our guests and we got to sit in really good seats for the devotional haha), so we were super grateful we got to cantar por los apostles! :) We found out this week that our primero investigador, Cristian Bailey, is in fact our other teacher! haha We work with two Hermanos to learn Espanol y otras cosas sobre el mision y nuestro proposito. Our Purpose is the most important thing and something we talk about every day! It is so neat how everything ties to it and even more important than that - our investigadores (investigators) are in the center of it all.:) Everything we study is related to how we can teach and continue to invite them unto Christ. :) I think I shared my purpose in another letter home, but it is the Inivitar las personas a venir a Cristo las ayudarlas reciban el Evangelio Resaurado mediant la fe de Jesucristo y su expiancion, el arrepientimiento, el bautismo, la recepcion del Don del Espiritu Santo y la perservar hasta el fin! (TRANSLATE THAT POR FAVOR :)) haha I only get the big thirty minutes on here to email and then I'll be sending mas cortas to you later today. I hope you are getting my mail and I am definitely getting all of yours! And thank you so so so much for it all! I am still waiting for a package though!:) haha I don't need the flip flops anymore, ps..I got some for three bucks at the Bookstore!! Chevere uh!?
WELL, we are not the newbies anymore at the MTC as of this past Wednesday. haha feels nice. :) We did get two new hermanas in our room this week! They are awesome. One is from southern Utah, the other is from Oklahoma, and they are only staying here for three weeks because they are both going English speaking. So that will be kinda weird seeing them come and go before us and we still have a month after they leave. haha But we really love them already and we all get along which is the best!
Hermana Cram y yo are learning a lot from each other or scratch that - I am learning a lot from her! There are so many reasons why the Lord placed us together as companions and do you want to hear the greatest one that I discovered yesterday!? Do you!!??? Ok....I will tell you. :) So first of all, like I've told you (and I will be getting pictures developed today so you will see her and my district and of course, su Hermana Wilcock soon!) but she is muy pequena - only 4'11" so I have to bend down a lot to hear her and talk with her and then she speaks very soft as well. I was brainstorming the other day how I could ask her to speak up or some how get really good at lip reading but then something hit me (probably el Espiritu :)) and I realized I needed to be learning how to listen and be patient. The being patient part has been really pressing for our companionship - especially when we teach - but when I sit back and let the spirit guide and let my sweet, awesome companera teach, the Spirit is SO STRONG with us! I get really excited most times and talk forever without letting her get a word in..but I am learning. :) I was reminded of something I read in Hearing the Voice of the Lord about how the spirit works when we were teaching yesterday. Elder Lund shares a story about a time at a family party when he was talking with his niece. The loud, warm noises of a family gathering were going on and he could barely hear what she was saying. Instead of really doing anything about it, he kept asking what and got about half the story she was telling. Later he reflected on what he could have done to hear her better. His ideas were: 1. Ask her to speak louder. 2. Move closer to her. 3. Ask her to move closer to Him. He related this to the spirit and what we can do to hear the promptings of the spirit better. Since we can't exactly ask the Spirit to speak up that one was out, but number 2 applies. We can move ourselves closer to the spirit by doing certain things. Standing in lugares santos, holy places. Reading and praying and pondering. We can also continue doing those things and more so that spirit can come closer to us. I thought about that with my awesome Hermana Cram and now I practice listening and moving closer to her so that I can hear her better. :) So there's the story of the week!!! :)
Well, how are things at home!? That is great you have some more interviews mom! I just know something will happen soon!:) Anything is possible through our faith. Read Ether 12:6. I have been memorizing in Spanish and English...it's really good. How is little Oddie? haha I just thought of him yesterday. I hope everything is going really great. I think about you guys allllllll tttthhhhhe ttiiimmme! TODO TIEMPO! :) I have a minute and a half left soo...I will end by saying we get to go to the temple today and I can't wait! We also get to do laundry which......wahhooooooeeeeeeeyyyyy! We all need! haha bad! We are stinkay. I was actually wondering if you could send me some cotton G's? I figured I could use those to wrok out in instead of yellowing up my carinessa ones that rock. Just a small thought mi familia. well I love you I love you I love you! have a buena semana
Hermana Wilcock

No comments: