Sunday, March 25, 2012

Last Letter From The MTC

Hola Familia!:0 Como estan? Well, this is it! We had our Pday moved to today since we had our In-Field Orientation yesterday, which was so great! It was an all day thing and they put so much work into making sure we were busy and happy and getting psyched for the field o el campo!:) My favorite part was learning about how much our planning and goal setting effects everything and then our faith is really a huge key factor as well. I have learned so much about both of those things here at the MTC. Faith CAN move mountains. When we pray, if we pray with faith, believing that all is possible and that the Lord is indeed there and loves us...we can't go wrong. :) And goal setting is so huge!! We have learned to make S.M.A.R.T. goals which are specific, measurable, achievable, reachable maybe and oh foop, that's nice I don't remember the last part. haha But I love thinking about those first few points and making sure that number 1, we make goals. 2. We reach smart, specific ones that can be measurable, and then that we can achieve the goals we set. With goals we stay balanced and have direction. It's always good to have check ups on yourself as well, and then of course, keep the Lord involved! Planning is probably one of the top three things we do as missionaries. haha Its really great. Will you try it!? YAY! Make some goals this week. SPECIFIC ones, S.M.A.R.T. ones! (And if you can remember the last part of the acronym you win...a missionary's love.:)
Well, we have been busy off the hook these past few days and I didn't even think we'd have time to pack! But I'm about all packed up now and it's crazy! haha We leave in two days to CHILE!!!!! It's so nuts to think about. We are all really excited though, and everyone keeps telling us how beautiful it is there and how great the produce and pan is! (pan-bread) I can't wait to try it. Well, I have LOVED being at the MTC. It has quite literally been MY Training center for the mission and for life. I have learned so many things while I have been here! My study habits have been changed and really been created here. haha I have really grown a testimony for the Book of Mormon here and a stronger testimony of Jose Smith. :) I know that he was a true prophet and the first prophet of this dispensation. I know that through the power of God the Book was translated and I know that if we read the Book of Mormon with REAL INTENT and with a question in mind and FAITH, the Lord will answer you through the pages and stories in the Book. :) Try to open the Book of Mormon again...no matter where you are now...start again, and read from cover to cover with a question in mind. I know the answer will come to you through reading! I can't wait to share that love and feeling with my family in Chile! :)
I can't express my gratitude to ALL of you back home that have sent me letters and packages and love here at the MTC. :) It has made my experience here that much better! I have really appreciated it all and loved it. I am so excited to go down to Chile and hit the ground running!;) It is still so crazy that it's really happening and that TWO MONTHS have already gone by! By I have been grateful for every second and I can't wait to learn more and work hard.
I love this gospel and I love how challenging it is to be a faithful Latter-day Saint. :) It makes every day that much more worth it. I love all of you so much!! Les amo mucho mucho!:) iOjala que mi Español estar´´a mas mejor mas pronto! Keep the faith! My next letter will be from Chile!! WAHOO!!
Family, I will call you on Monday from LA! Have your phones ready! I have received all the packages and cards!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! And I am sending another box home today for you of things I don´´t need and wouldn't fit! I´´m doing great health wise and feel really good! We leave at 6a.m. Monday for the airport and I can´´t believe that its happening for reals! haha I love you! I love you! Con Cariña, Hermana Wilcock

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What's Jess's address now? Is it still the mission home??